Capitalizing on 135 years of history and tradition in downtown Los Angeles, the University of Southern California (USC) has embarked on an unprecedented period of expansion. USC is now poised to take its place as the preeminent research institution of the 21st century and we are looking for skilled, motivated professionals to help forge the future of higher education.
The USC department of Facilities Management Services (FMS) – Engineering & Maintenance Services group is seeking an individual with MEP/utilities construction project management experience and excellent communication and organizational skills to join its team as Facilities Project Manager.
FMS is a diverse group of innovative and talented professionals who provide high quality facilities maintenance and management services in support of education and research at USC. FMS is committed to being fully responsive to the needs of faculty, students, staff and public, who are our customers. FMS strives to cooperate fully with all campus constituents to provide a functional and efficient facilities operation for the university. FMS values quality, transparency, dedication, collaboration, and innovation. Learn more about FMS at: www.usc.edu/fms and http://bit.ly/WorkingAtFMS
The Facilities Project Manager is accountable for managing building and utility infrastructure projects within the University campuses. Manages projects such as HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and utility replacements and improvements for FMS. Project responsibility includes scope confirmation, managing design consultants, bid and selection, construction management oversight, close-out, and all project documentation management. Monitors budget and schedule actively throughout the project.
The ideal/preferred candidate for the position of Facilities Project Manager has the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or related fields.
- At least 5 years of construction project management experience, working on large complex commercial, industrial, or institutional projects. Experience to include increasing leadership/management and/or planning responsibility for building systems components, including mechanical, electrical, plumbing and underground utilities.
- Project administration with progressive leadership/management within a college or university environment.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Outlook, Excel, and Project.
- Manages deferred maintenance and infrastructure renewal projects consisting primarily of utility infrastructure, mechanical, electrical and plumbing system projects.
- Provides project management from project conception, through design, bid, construction, close-out and handover back to Operations & Maintenance.
- Provides design and construction administration support, coordinating with engineering consultants and in-house staff to review construction documents, submittals, RFIs, and field observation reports. Ensure compliance with university standards, project specifications, and local requirements.
- Provides construction support, coordinating with contractors, facilities management personnel, and customers.
- Provides project budget development, budget management and compliance with fiscal guidelines.
- Manages all documentation and information flow related to project management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
USC offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes a broad range of programs to help protect the health, wealth and future of its employees and their family. We offer benefits which include health and dental coverage, generous holiday and vacation leave accrual plans, a choice among competitive retirement options, life insurance and other types of financial protection, tuition assistance for staff members and their family, child care programs, credit union memberships, library privileges, and participation in cultural and social events. Also, as the largest private employer in Los Angeles, USC offers the opportunity to work in a stimulating and diverse environment. Learn more about our benefits at: www.usc.edu/benefits
If you are passionate about creating what’s possible, and have the drive to deliver results, consider coming to work at USC!
Apply online today: http://jobs.usc.edu/postings/63921