The Director, Facilities Maintenance is responsible for assuring that all LA BioMed facilities are properly maintained and that appropriate preventative maintenance practices are employed to obtain maximum equipment longevity while assuring continuity of operations. Oversees maintenance and reliability of all building systems including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, and structural as well as grounds keeping and custodial services. Assures full compliance with applicable governmental regulatory and licensing requirements.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Develop, manage and update, as required, a preventative maintenance program for all LA BioMed facilities, including structures, electrical systems, plumbing systems, HVAC and controls, elevators and other facility systems.
- Develop and manage budgets in support of facility maintenance on both a fiscal year and multi-year (strategic) basis.
- Assures routine inspection and assessment of all critical facility systems
- Manage repairs, renovations, and maintenance of facilities on time and on budget
- Assure required facility certifications (elevator permits, SCAQMD permits, etc.) are complete.
- Manages landscaping and grounds keeping operations.
- Develop and manage energy conservation program to track and manage utility expenses.
- Assures those critical systems (freezers, data centers) are protected from failure through effective design safeguards, redundancies, and backup systems.
- 8 + years experience in facilities management with increasing levels of responsibility, preferably in a health care or research environment.
Skills & Experience Required
- Previous experience successfully supervising and leading others.
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of facilities management
- Well versed in technical/engineering operations with a working knowledge of building electrical and mechanical systems, including HVAC and controls
- Working knowledge of preventative maintenance, deferred maintenance planning, and facilities assessments
- Working knowledge of building codes
- Knowledge of basic accounting, financial and budgeting principles and practices
- Ability to read and understand blueprint
- Knowledge of the facility requirements necessary to support wet lab, dry lab, lab support and vivarium operations highly desirable
- Ability to provide 24/7 on-call support in emergency situations
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Ability to interact in an appropriate and professional manner
Bachelor degree in Engineering or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including 3weeks’ vacation to start, 1 week of paid personal time, 12 paid holidays, group medical, dental vision and life insurance and a company paid retirement plan.
For consideration please refer to job number #17-083 on our web-site at: https://labiomed.org/career