Kehillat Israel (KI) is seeking a facilities professional to join the team as Facility Manager. The job opening is immediate. Your experience must include facility management, multi-use space management, effective time management, budget management, project management, evaluating bids and contracting with vendors. General knowledge of building maintenance is helpful. An undergraduate degree is preferred; 3 years minimum experience will be considered. The successful candidate will be a team player, quick study, and enjoy a people-oriented organization.
You must be:
- an excellent planner and clear communicator in English (both orally and in writing),
- understand the macro level of the synagogue’s activity and how the micro levels intersect,
- able to get positive results in our complex environment,
- skilled at using Excel and Word
- able to establish effective working relationships with all the key members of our organization and others with whom you must interface.
This position manages a custodial staff of three-four, an outsourced custodial staff of two-three, along with outsourced parking attendants for events. The position also coordinates with our preferred caterers who have the use of the synagogue’s kitchens. The position is responsible for meeting the needs of our internal staff and lay leadership and interfaces regularly with outside vendors. The Facility Manager coordinates all use of space, for both internal and contracted programming. The position’s usual hours are 8:30am-4:30 pm Monday-Friday with occasional Fridays from 1:30pm-9:30 pm. From time to time there may also be evening or weekend events that will require the presence of the Facility Manager. This position is also the first building related emergency on-call staff person.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a comprehensive benefits package will be provided. To be considered, please forward your cover letter and resume electronically to Adam Simon at email@example.com.