Facilities Electrical Engineer (21581)
Job Listing Detail Apply at www.aerospace.org Click on Careers
Requisition ID: 21581
El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for preparing conceptual designs for construction projects. The successful candidate will direct an outside team of consultants to ensure compliance with city requirements, and responsibilites are met.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
- Prepares design and engineering Statements of Work (SOWs) for obtaining proposals from outside designers and engineers.
- Reviews drawings and specifications for conformance with company standards and code requirements.
- Coordinates city plan check and permit process.
- Develops conceptual electrical design drawings, construction documents and specifications (for smaller project) in compliance with applicable codes and local regulations based on customer needs.
- Works with city building officials to process plans through plan check, as well as interface with contractors during construction phase of the projects.
- Coordinates and reviews the work of electrical engineering consultants.
- Assists in the selection process of outside design consultants and interface on a daily basis with customers regarding project status, project requirements, project approval and coordination with other departments.
- Process contractor’s submittals and as-built plans at project completion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- State of California Professional Electrical Engineer license
- 10 or more years of relevant experience with Bachelor's Degree, 8 or more years of relevant experience with Master's Degree, or 3 or more years of relevant experience with PhD or JD
- Experience in Facilities environment is desirable i.e., Office Spaces, Computer Facilities, R & D Labs, etc.
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD
- Must be proficient in working with electronic files and filing system in E-Mail and Internet
- Current knowledge of electrical codes and standards, i.e., NEC, IEEE, NEMA
- Should have complete familiarity with electrical symbols, design and engineering practices generally existing in the industry
- Electrical consultant management experience
- Knowledge of city building codes
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, to self-initiate activities, and to work within timelines
- Possess time management and project management skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Develop single line diagrams, power plans, control/ladder diagrams, wiring diagrams, interconnecting block diagrams, conduit layouts, equipment plans, panel schedules, control/alarm/monitor panel layouts and component specifications
- Prepare specifications for electrical equipment, hardware, conduit, cable and electrical safety regulation
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments.
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may visit locations with varying temperatures and floor surfaces, and may be exposed to seasonal elements.
- Intermittent travel to gain access to work areas and buildings.
- Frequent on-site inspections which may include climbing ladders and removing floor tiles.
- May involve exposure to construction noise.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: FACILITIES ENGR STAFF IV
Relocation Available: No
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.