Facilities Engineering & Design Manager (21881)
Posted 06/08/2017 Apply at www.aerospace.org Click on Careers
Job Listing Detail
Requisition ID: 21881
El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
As the Corporation's Facilities Engineering & Design Manager, a challenging career awaits for the successful candidate to lead and manage the Facilities design team and consultants. The efforts will support the Aerospace's Corporate Initiatives and Strategic Imperatives by spearheading the design implementation of capital improvement projects for new and existing structures and grounds of a campus consisting of 16 owned and leased buildings. For ambitious applicants seeking career growth, the Facilities Directorate under the umbrella of the Corporation's technical support organization for the Office of the Chief Velocity Office (OCVO) provides the opportunities to work on a variety of project types that include new buildings, improvements to research laboratories, corporative administrative and customer program office TIs, HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems upgrades and site/civil infrastructural improvements. For the right candidate, the position offers a fast paced environment for career management GROWTH; new challenging frontiers for SHAPING THE FUTURE, INNOVATION and VELOCITY; and to be an integral part of a team at the Aerospace Corporation - a leading FFRDC partner with our Federal Government customer in the areas of SPACE POLICY AND STRATEGY and AGILE MISSION ASSURANCE.
- Consults with internal corporate customers, architects, civil/structural, MP&E engineers, landscape architects and assists in the development of building criteria.
- Analyzes and recommends contractor bids; selects and supervises contractors; directs and evaluates work of architects, civil/structural, MP&E engineers, landscape architects and contractors to ensure projects are completed on schedule and within cost parameters.
- Prepares, presents, and distributes weekly status reports and schedules.
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering or related field is preferred.
- Experience in managing design consultants to build teams, delegate work tasks, mentor, and train staff with up to 8 direct reports
- Project management experience in construction design with fundamental understanding of construction methods and materials and project delivery methods.
- Requires extensive knowledge in construction design specifications with fundamental understanding of MasterFormat numbering system
- California Licensed Architect or Professional Engineer is preferred.
- Requires ability to establish and maintain highly effective internal and external working relationships and foster collaboration among project participates.
- 'Requires effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to generate design work scopes and analyze design consultant proposals.
- Proficient knowledge of project scheduling and the ability to track multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficient experience working with Excel and other related design cost estimating software tools.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Requires extensive project management experience in construction design with fundamental understanding
- Requires extensive knowledge in construction design specifications with fundamental understanding of MasterFormat numbering system.
- Fundamental understanding of construction design industry design practices.
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD/Revit, other 3D rendering/modeling or energy modeling software a plus.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.