FACILITY OPERATIONS MANAGER
PLEASE READ THE JOB ANNOUNCEMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY AS THERE IS IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING APPLICATION SUBMISSION.
The mission of the General Services Department is to provide quality services that support City departments in a manner which enables them to carry-out their community missions; to provide these services in a cost-effective and efficient manner which best serves the operational needs of City departments and the community. Responsibilities of the General Services Department include:
- Airport Administration
- Building Maintenance and Operation
- Central Services (Mail, print shop/graphics)
- Cultural Arts Center Administration
- Fleet Services – Vehicle/equipment acquisition and maintenance
- Graffiti Abatement Program
- HVAC / Electrical
As Manager of a 45-person division of the General Services Department, the Facility Operations Manager, through three direct reports, is responsible for:
- Rental of the Cultural Arts Center's facilities, theater, studios and classrooms;
- Operation and maintenance of the Cultural Arts Center;
- Marketing and publicity for the Cultural Arts Center;
- Printing, mail, shipping/receiving, and office supply distribution activities of the Central Services division;
- Providing security for City facilities, including upkeep and maintenance service for lights, gates, key cards, etc;
- Oversight of Administration and Operations of Torrance Airport; and
- Developing, administering and monitoring division and program budgets.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, IDEAL CANDIDATE CRITERIA, AND HOW TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT THE ORIGINAL JOB POST AT WWW.TORRANCECA.GOV/JOBS.