REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
for Administrative Services
The Los Angeles Chapter of the International Facility Management Association (IFMA) a non-profit organization is requesting proposals for providing administrative services. Proposals are due no later than March 15 2018. Proposals should be submitted to:
Name: Garth Sellers
Title: National Manager Facilities ServicesCompany: American Honda Motor Co., Inc.Address: 1919 Torrance Blvd., Torrance, CA 90501 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Los Angeles Chapter of IFMA is a chapter of a professional association. IFMA is the world’s largest and most widely recognized international association for professional facility managers, supporting more than 19,500 members in 78 countries. IFMA certifies facility managers, conducts research, provides educational programs, recognizes facility management certificate programs and is a non-profit organization.
The chapter’s website is www.ifmala.org, the association’s website is www.ifma.org.
The Chapter Board of Directors holds 9 to 10 board meetings per year.
The chapter conducts 11 to 12 meeting/events annually, a golf tournament, a holiday party, new member meeting plus social events. Attendance at meetings/events averages 30 to 60 individuals.
PROPOSED SCOPE OF SERVICES
We are seeking proposals from qualified organizations or individuals to provide Administrative/accounting services as detailed below:
- Work with the Chapter Treasurer to prepare an annual operating budget.
- Full-service bookkeeping using Quickbooks or approved equivalent.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for review by the Treasurer prior to submission to the Board.
- Reconcile checking & Savings accounts monthly.
- Receive online transactions and post payments (Cash, Checks, Credit Cards, PayPal, EFT’s).
- Process credit card transactions or online transactions.
- Make bank deposits on a timely basis. Reconcile bank statements monthly with copies of reconciliation to the Treasurer monthly.
- Pay bills that have been authorized for payment by the Treasurer or another officer. Two signatures are required for amounts greater than $1,000.00, either Treasure or Board member.
- Invoice Sponsors.
- Keep an up-to-date list of sponsors and payment and reconciliation of payments.
- Download/confirm event registration lists.
- Verify membership status for online event reservations.
- Track registration fees received versus sponsorships versus cost of event to develop a P&L statement for each event.
- Maintain chapter membership records using reports available from IFMA headquarters.
- Maintain local prospective member data base for periodic use in promotional efforts.
- Provide and answer the phone for the chapter.
- Provide timely responses to phone messages and email, forward as required to the correct party/Board or Committee Chair as appropriate.
- Ensure that members receive timely responsive service.
- Maintain files of the chapter’s financial records.
- Maintain Chapter financial records.
- Prepare and transmit recertification package to the President and Treasurer annually for review and signature.
- Monitor IRS and State tax status for the IFMA Chapter and advise the Board of Directors from time to time as may be appropriate.
- Maintain a current list of Chapter members.
- Check voicemail box daily.
- Review incoming Chapter and event emails.
- Pickup mail twice per week at a location to be determined.
- Mail invoices if not emailed and bill payments.
- Check Admin email.
- Respond to all inquiries.
- Email invoices.
- Maintain all Chapter finical records.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of Chapter and Event Sponsors.
- Maintain a list of Board Members, Committee Chairs, and Members.
- Prepare monthly membership retention reports.
- Create and maintain financial service links to and from the website for event registration purposes.
Please email your proposal, describing your firm’s ability to perform the work requested. Proposals should include:
Company/Individual profile: Provide a description of your company, qualifications, Certifications, CPA or equal, and how you are organized to serve your clients, including currently available software to accommodate above-referenced requirements.
Work Plan: Provide a description of how your company would provide services in fulfillment of the scope of work.
Staffing: Describe how your company will make staff assignments for this project, and provide background on the staff to be assigned.
Experience/Client references: Describe your company’s experience serving associations, non-profit organizations or chapters similar to the Los Angeles Chapter of IFMA. Provide client references with contact information.
Fees: Provide your fixed monthly or annual fees and an explanation of how your company charges for its services, including all costs for providing services detailed in the proposed scope of work. Provide a separate line item for any reimbursable costs predicted for the above services.
A committee will review all proposals received, and evaluate them based on experience, qualifications, and cost. Interviews may be conducted.
Download a PDF of the requisition here.