Greeted with the enticing aroma of freshly grilled pollo and carne asada from a street cart, IFMA LA’s November 2017 New Member Mixer kicked off at the hidden treasure of LA’s own Greenbar Distillery in the Art’s District. While members and guests filed into the low-key space of Greenbar they were instantly initiated into the world of the LA’s largest portfolio of Organic Spirits. Upon strolling up the stairs to the tasting room, floor to ceiling windows overlook the entire distilling process. Signature cocktails crafted by Top-Shelf bartenders loosened the spirits of the attendees and prompted the rest of the evening to ensue.
As the evening was already underway, with the excitement of new conversations flowing, Jackie Rivera, Vice-President of IFMA LA, with a little help from a new member’s whistle, attention was drawn to the stage. With a generous sponsorship of Collaboration Solutions, Inc, new members were introduced and given the opportunity to share with the entirety of the group their vocation, along with a personal note to stand out. From snip-its of Tech’s who don’t like to play video games, to be able to squat 436 Pounds, each new member became intertwined with the family that has become IFMA LA.
Greenbar Distillery then leads two private tours of their facilities describing in detail the processes necessary to create their masterpieces. As one group toured, the other kept enjoying cocktails and Networking with individuals from a vast array of industries. From LAX Facility Managers to Environmental Consultants, the event truly highlighted the benefits of being a part of this group. As Jackie noted in her opening statements, “Welcome to the family, we are all here for you.”
If interested in scheduling your own private tour of Greenbar Distillery, please follow the link below. We promise you will not be disappointed!
On Thursday evening, an enthusiastic group was introduced to the new Board of Directors for IFMA Los Angeles Chapter, sworn in by Francis Kuhn, CFM and IFMA Fellow. New President Wilson Cisneros and Vice President Jackie Rivera warmly welcomed guests and pledged to raise the bar to further enhanced programming, education, and networking for the Chapter’s Facility Managers and Affiliate members.
Chris Nehls, Director of Facilities at the Disney Consumer Products & Interactive Mediacampus, surprised the attendees at the event with a tour of the LABS project, Executive Screening Room and Creative Research Library. Along with Chris to describe what the tour was viewing, we also had representatives from the firms who created the spaces, Ken Anderson, IA and Michael McCarthy, McCarthy + Company elaborating on the functions of the business unit/venue as well as the process in creating the spaces. It was truly a very special night for all the attendees.
Don't miss another IFMA meeting, you’ll never know what surprises you might be passing up. Our new Board and Committee Chairs are working on making 2017-2018 a memorial year for the Chapter.
The photo below was taken from the exclusive 33-seater screening room normally reserved for executives and special guests. See more photos on our Facebook page.
Thank you for joining us at our Valentine's Networking Social at the Everson Royce Bar in Downtown Los Angeles.
Do check out our Facebook photos.
Add your reaction
During the recently concluded IFMA Los Angeles January program, Guy Morgante, president of managed services for Northland Controls, presented cutting edge features in current security systems which included Bluetooth Technology, Facial Recognition, Remote Global Security Operations Centers and Autonomous Data Machines (robots). He also discussed the often overlooked last mile of security and how companies can overcome that gap.
- Garnered an understanding of what the latest available technologies are
- Learned the benefits and challenges to each
- Understood the fundamentals of developing a secure workplace and how some of the intelligence from security technologies actually informs smarter operations decisions
Click the image to view the presentation slides.
On Thursday, December 8, the Los Angeles chapter of IFMA gathered for the annual Holiday Party in downtown LA at Drago Centro. It was a night for us all to celebrate the tremendous year 2016 was for the Chapter, and to look ahead to 2017 and what we can do to make the coming year even more successful.
Once again, IFMA-LA selected the Los Angeles Mission to be the recipient of our charitable spirit. Dozens of chapter members brought unwrapped Christmas gifts to be donated to families who are calling the Mission home this time of year. We were honored to be joined by David L Prentice and Tami Philips from the LA Mission who shared with us how impactful our donations will be to their community of residents.
The Mission is one of the longest running homeless shelters in the country. Over 900,000 meals are served each year out of the LA Mission, making it a vital part of the local homeless community. IFMA-LA is proud to partner with such an important Los Angeles institution. IFMA members were invited to visit the LA Mission facility on our own time if we are interested in seeing the facility and volunteering our time.
Thank you again to all those who attended the Holiday Party. It was a great night to conclude a great year for IFMA-LA.
Thank you, Jeff Kothe of Waxie for the write-up. Do check out some of the photos on Facebook.
Add your reaction
Do you have the knowledge and skills that facility management employers are demanding?
Do you have a way of proving to your current and prospective employers that your abilities meet or exceed industry-wide standards?
We are proud to announce the following professionals in the Los Angeles chapter who have gone through the rigorous process of earning their IFMA’s FMP®, SFP®, and Certified Facility Manager® (CFM) credentials.
- Gregory Carothers, SFP - Facilities Manager
- Elvina Patel, SFP - Facility Operations Manager
- Kenneth Burkhalter, CFM - Deputy Director, Facilities Services
- Philip Burns, CFM - Facility Manager
- Gregory Carothers, CFM - Facilities Manager
- Adam Eggehorn, CFM - Facility Manager
- Raymond Ginther, CFM - Sr. Facilities Manager
- Donald Goldsberry, CFM - Facility Ops & Capital Programs Manager
- Steve Gonzales, CFM - Industrial Electronic And Electrical Journeyman
- Monica Harley, CFM - Sector Real Estate & Off-Site Mgmt
- Michele Hurtubise, CFM - Facilities Manager
- Barbara Kane-Stokes, CFM - President
- Francis Kuhn, CFM - Senior Facilities Manager
- William Lowery, CFM - President
- Joe Maldonado, CFM - Manager Of Operations & Maintenance
- Steven Mangold, CFM - Operations Manager, Port Construction And Maintenance
- Ted Maslin, CFM
- Gregory Mcdaniel, CFM - Facility Manager/Director
- Russell Murry, CFM - Resource Manager
- Carlos Padron, CFM - Associate Director, Operations Services
- Elvina Patel, CFM - Facility Operations Manager
- Darrell Reynard, CFM - General Manager, Facilities Division
- Matthew Riddle, CFM - Facilities Manager
- Garth Sellers, CFM - Manager, North American Corporate Facilities
- Cynthia Solomon, CFM - Facilities Manager
- Wilbur Spencer, CFM - Chief Administrative Officer
- Chris Spry, CFM - Facility Mgr Is Los Angeles Region
- Stanford A Rollins, FMP - Principal
- William Flowers, FMP - Ap Maint Supervisor Ii
- Wayne Ward, FMP - Senior Facility Manager
- Brian Luce, FMP - Facilities Management
- Althea Edwards, FMP - Property Manager
- Benitha Blakely, FMP - Senior Facilities Coordinator
- Courtney Kenard, FMP - Property Manager
- Tiffany Burke-Williams, FMP - Sr. Mgmt. Analyst I
- Victor Rodriguez, FMP - Airports Maintenance Supervisor III
- Harold Sloat, FMP - Senior Electrician
- Robert Johnson, FMP - Sr. Building Operating Engineer
- Phu Tong, FMP - Senior Management Analyst I
- Greg Hoon, FMP - Facilities Coordinator
- Marvin Lee, FMP - Planning Specialist
- Janice Guevara, FMP - Senior Management Analyst Ii
- Tyrone Jessamy, FMP - Airport Manager
- Christopher Takai, FMP - Air Conditioning Supervisor 1
- Howard Horning, FMP - Airport Maintenance Superintendent
- James Greenfield, FMP - Construction And Maintenance Supervisor
- Christine Salvaggio, FMP - Senior Civil Engineer
- Scott Markle, FMP
- Michael Feldman, FMP - Managing Member
- Jeffrey Moore, FMP - Senior Civil Engineer
- Wayne Tulloss, FMP - Building Engineer
- Joan Raff, FMP - Chief Airports Engineer I
- Scott Lager, FMP - Airports Maint Superintendent
- Victor Rocha, FMP - Airports Maint Superintendent
- Richard Yakel, FMP - Air Conditioning Mech Sup
- Daniel Campbell, FMP - Airports Maint Superintendent
- Richard Connolly, FMP - Director Of Airports Construction & Maintenance
- Robert Haines, FMP - Airport Maint Superintendent
- Vijendra Joseph, FMP - Airports Maintenance Superintendent
- Rene Leni, FMP - Senior Facilities Manager
- Terri Hughes, FMP - Facilities Services Manager
- Danielle Stevenson, FMP - Manager Of Facilities & Office Services
- Rene Valdry, FMP - Facility Planner
- Loren Dotts, FMP - Vice President & General Manager
- Samuel Buyan Jr., FMP - Facilities Manager
IFMA’s World Workplace is a hands-on, interactive learning and networking event for professionals who support all aspects of the work environment. The recently concluded #WW16 was held at San Diego, CA. The Los Angeles Chapter, along with the other Southern California Chapters were well represented especially at the West Coast Reception. View photos from the event here.
Together, we find solutions to common facility challenges. Together, we set trends in creating and sustaining livable, lucrative, leading-edge spaces. We Collaborate to Innovate, creating opportunities for ourselves, our profession, our employers and our world. You also get to tour facilities that are otherwise unavailable to the general public.
2017 World Workplace will be in Houston, TX. If you plan to join us then, please stay in touch so you get the information quicker.
Add your reaction
RE-POST: The IFMA Environmental Stewardship, Utilities and Stewardship Strategic Advisory Group (ESUS) has released the latest guide in their widely acclaimed series on sustainability for facility managers, "Sustainability How-to Guide: Carbon Footprint." Available for free download in IFMA's Knowledge Library, the guide examines carbon footprinting from the perspective of an FM professional, providing the tools needed to understand climate action planning and reporting procedure. READ MORE
RE-POST: In observance of World FM Day 2016, held on July 13, IFMA and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) commend the 25 million facility management (FM) professionals around the world for the integral role they play in shaping our built environment. With celebrations occurring across the globe on the week of July 11-15, World FM Day marks an occasion to recognize these individuals for their significant contributions to society. Read More
Add your reaction
On July 21, IFMA/LA presented the creative team behind the magnificent newly opened $22million, 400-foot Metro Universal Pedestrian Bridge.
The Metro Universal Pedestrian Bridge fulfills a decades-long quest by Metro and NBC Universal to provide a grade- separated path of travel between the Universal Studios Theme Park and the Universal City Red Line Station. The L-shaped bridge spans over both Lankershim Boulevard and Universal Hollywood Drive and serves as a high-profile gateway to the Theme Park.
It was also our first time to Livestream an event. Listen to Deepansh, Milind & Bob as they graciously share their teamwork triumphs as well as the time-lapse photos of the construction project. While the quality is not close to HD, you have to say that technology is a tool to bring us together.
Check out our Facebook page for photos from the event, and don't forget to like the page to get notifications of upcoming events.