SeaSpine is a global medical technology company headquartered in Carlsbad, CA that focuses on the design, development and commercialization of innovative surgical solutions for the treatment of spinal disorders. We are currently looking for some of the best and brightest to join our rapidly growing team. If you have a passion for developing the next generation of orthobiologics and spinal fusion hardware solutions that enables patients to return to active lifestyles, check out our career opportunities!
We currently have a full-time opening for a Senior Maintenance Technician in our Irvine, California location.
Supports facility and equipment preventive maintenance and repair in compliance with the Quality System. Assist in coordinating with outside service providers, as applicable, for regular or repair services. Provides support to manufacturing concerning operational systems, equipment procedures, and standards and practices in various building tasks. Possesses knowledge of mechanical equipment, HVAC, refrigeration, fire systems, stand-by emergency power, extraordinary and preventative maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in performing equipment preventive maintenance (PM) as scheduled in compliance with the Quality System. Ensure PM files are completed in timely manner and documented appropriately.
- Assist in performing unscheduled service /repairs, extraordinary maintenance and responding to equipment and facility integrity issues and send updates on the status of equipment.
- Perform daily inspection of the facility (inside and outside) and perform general facility maintenance.
- Assist in coordinating with outside contractors and supervise contractor’s technicians in performing regular or extraordinary maintenance or services for applicable equipment (i.e., AC units, Air Handler, Condensers, Cooling tower, Lyophilizers, back-up generator, RO/DI sanitation, other).
- Perform miscellaneous repairs as required (installing white boards, changing light bulbs, hanging pictures, etc.).
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School or GED required, AA, BA or applicable certifications.
- Journeyman-level certifications in electrical, mechanical, refrigeration or biomedical engineering required.
- 10+ years’ experience in manufacturing industry.
- 3-5 years’ experience in medical device manufacturing a plus, but not required.
- Refrigeration and or control systems experience a plus.
- Electrical and mechanical background a plus.
- Good communication and organizational skills mandatory.
- Knowledge of safety codes and practices.
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to assume new or responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Possesses knowledge of mechanical equipment, HVAC, refrigeration, fire systems, stand-by emergency power, and preventive maintenance.
If you meet the requirements above and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.SeaSpine.com and click on the ‘Careers’ section.
SeaSpine is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.