Manager, CityWalk - Technical Services
Parks & Resorts
This position is responsible for providing leadership, direction, and resources to effectively manage physical plant functions, construction, daily departmental operations and special projects in support of CityWalk and Parking Operations.
- Manage and standardize the operations and activities of the Maintenance department Hilltop-wide by allocating and coordinating labor and non-labor resources to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Responsible for developing and executing the Annual Operating and Capital Plan for the department.
- Responsible for the development of the capital plans (scoping project, utilize the approval process to gain approval and implement plans) and implementing these plans in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance and regulatory compliance of physical plant assets, equipment, utilities, grounds, kitchen equipment in owned and operated CityWalk restaurants, concert audio visual systems, and testing of emergency systems. Evaluation of potential construction and service vendors. Works with the general contractors, vendors for site/construction sequence and logistics with general contractors, vendors and USH project team with regards to access, insurance, etc. required to gain access to the site.
- Reviews design documents for construction, completeness, corrections, and coordination and compile a list of comments. Reviews the existing facility status to evaluate what potential issues used to be addressed by the design documents.
- Prepares all documentation required for site access, lay down and other logistics for the contractors and vendors. Assists in the presentation of all required construction management processes including but not limited to: RFP’s, RFI’s, Shop Drawings, Directives, Submittals, Punch Lists, Short Form Agreements and other documents as required.
- Supports USH project team for progress payment and related walk-through and inspections. Manages and coordinates staging area inventories for arrival and dispatch. Supervises facility and progress in accordance with the master schedule.
- Manages overall punch list and close out process for the facility. Reviews all final submittals from the contractor for all close out documentation including, but not limited to shop drawings, submittals, as-builts, warranties, lien waivers, etc.
- Responsible for managing approximately (16) sixteen employees of the CityWalk Technical Services Department.
- Provides positive and strong leadership, coaching, and mentoring for employees as well as monitor performance and results.
- Ensures that collective bargaining agreements are upheld by partnering with HR and Labor Relations to maintain positive union relationships.
- Works closely with internal clients to identify and correct operational issues quickly.
- Mentors direct reports and provides direction, counseling, coaching, and handles development discussions with team members.
- Drives high levels of employee satisfaction by ensuring timely and fair resolution of all employee issues.
- Leads workforce planning, reward and recognition planning, employee events, and employee satisfaction action planning.
- Performs other job duties and special projects as assigned.
- Five or more years of facilities maintenance management experience within the theme park industry, an urban entertainment center or shopping mall, restaurant or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be available to work on weekends, holidays and nights.
- Must be able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions, with walking/traveling to multiple venues throughout the day.
- Proven ability to multi-task, handling various assignments and following through on all projects assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in engineering Construction Management, Business Administration or a related field.
- Strong guest service and/theme park operations knowledge preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and utilize sound judgment.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, organizational, presentation and time management skills.
- Proactive thinker/self-starter and team player.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge and practical use of Adobe Illustrator / Photoshop and SharePoint are preferred.
- Strong delegation, mentoring and coaching skills.
Universal Studios Hollywood is the Entertainment Capital of L.A. featuring a movie-based theme park and Studio Tour, and bridged by Universal CityWalk, a dynamic entertainment, shopping and dining complex. Universal Studios Hollywood is an industry leader due to its impressive talent base of highly creative professionals who inspire and produce compelling entertainment and innovative attractions that immerse guests in an authentic Hollywood experience. Universal Studios Hollywood’s team of professionals enjoys a unique culture where fun, hard work and high-quality results are priority, resulting in an employee base that is proud to work here. The company offers equally unique opportunities for employees to expand their careers within Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Parks & Resorts, and the broader NBCUniversal family. It’s a big universe, where do you fit in?
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
To apply: Manager, CityWalk Technical Services