Warehouse Manager Job Description
Direct, coordinate and plan daily operational activities in the warehouse including day-to-day supervision of staff; oversee, manage and control all warehouse inventories.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
- Support and motivate warehouse personnel in the achievement of department safety, cost, quality, and performance goals
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols
- Responsible for maintaining efficient organization and cleanliness of warehouse. Ensure regular and proper maintenance of forklifts and other equipment
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintain department metrics, reports, process documentation, training, and safety records
- Maintains warehouse staff by training employees to follow proper procedures and codes
- Develop a full understanding of the company and the ability to solve problems
- Develop regularly scheduled inspections of entire warehouse facility
- Be on call as first point of contact for police and alarm company for any security breaches
- Initiate / monitor corrective action development and process improvements
Storage and Inventory
- Set up and maintain proper inventory records for all client storage physically and in CAFM system
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system
- Recommend process and procedures to improve inventory management and controls
- Resolve customer material discrepancies
- Maintain and follow all receiving procedures and paperwork process
Equipment, Tools and Trucks:
- Setup and Maintain Inventory of all equipment, supplies, and tools
- Setup and Maintain anti-theft, inventory, and reorder controls
- Check out/in all equipment/tools/supplies as necessary
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, and customer service skills
- Capable of operating forklift and pallet jack
- Ability to make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments and direct the workforce in an ever-changing, warehouse environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Proven track record in supervision of warehouse employees including hiring & training
- Experience with managing budgets and ability to create & maintain various management reports
- Must possess clean driving record and valid driver’s license (DMV print-out required).
Contact: Irene Y. Lee, Managing Director, t. 310.208.8880, email@example.com